Custom Compression Springs Manufacturing
Compression Springs are Katy Spring’s specialty. Katy Spring is the premier manufacturer of compression springs in Houston, TX, which are open coil helical springs that offer resistance to compressive force applied axially. They are commonly coiled as a constant diameter cylinder. These springs are designed with the space between the coils governing the dimensional limits. These limits determine the stress level. Katy Spring manufactures a wide-range of sizes from large industrial springs to miniature compression springs.
Below, several types are described:
Ordering Custom Compression Springs
The basic information needed by Katy Spring is material, wire size, free length, number of coils, travel, diameter, end types, finish, works over, works in, and maximum solid height. It is crucial to carefully consider the space allotted to ensure that the spring will function properly and avoid costly design changes. Katy Spring can assist customers in determining design parameters if only partial data is available.
Here is a list of notes to keep in mind when ordering custom compression springs from Katy Spring:
- The normal squareness tolerance for ground ends is 2-3 degrees.
- Use conical compression springs when a short, solid height is needed to reduce buckling and surging.
- Leave the wind direction optional for compression springs. Use right-hand wound when the compression spring is being threaded on a bolt, or one right and one left when two springs are being used inside the other to avoid meshing coils.
- Specify a force with a tolerance (+/- 10 percent) at an exact compressed height rather than a definite deflection. Spring rate is the difference of two forces divided by the amount of deflection between those forces.
- Make Katy Spring aware of unusual conditions such as temperature, corrosive environments, impact force, and fatigue life.
- Specify the mandatory requirements only to Katy Spring, and leave the exact wire size and number of coils to the discretion of Katy Spring whenever possible.
- Make Katy Spring aware of the spring travel and any solid height requirements
Types of Compression Springs
We offer many variations of springs for your project. Select one to learn more:
With all of the ways to communicate (email, text, and fax), we still love phone calls! Call us at 281-391-1888 or contact us online. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook and keep up with the latest on industry news, changes in the raw material market, company news, and other valuable information that will assist you with spring purchases.
Learn more about Compression Springs Terms.